Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
On September 21, 2019 @ 21:39 hrs, Units were dispatched for a residential structure fire on Truman DR. with fire in the kitchen. EMS 1 & M1 AOS to find fire in the stove-light smoke visible. Single story home over walkout basement. M1 extinguished the fire with ABC extinguisher. E3 & RE2 crew's check for extension and ventilate the house to remove smoke and ABC powder. Found oven mitt left in the oven that caught fire when the family was warming oven to start dinner. Fire contained to stove. Power secured to stove outlet and unplugged. Checked house with gas meter- no readings. Homeowner and family will stay with neighbors until can clean up house.